As 2018 draws to a close, designers everywhere want to know what the 2019 interior design trends will be.
Stay Ahead of the Design Trends Curve
Even if you follow your own design instincts and direction, it always helps to know what’s happening on the street. It can help you develop your own ideas, or show you what you want to avoid.
5 Interior Design Trends for 2019
Without further ado, here are the design trends we’ve identified for 2019.
- Benjamin Moore Paint Colour of the Year – The richness of recent Benjamin Moore Colours of the Year, including 2018’s Caliente and 2017’s Shadow, made then well suited for accent walls. But the 2019 Colour of the Year, Metropolitan AF-690, will work in entire living rooms, bedrooms or even whole-house applications.
- Floral Patterns – Whether it’s in the fabric of a piece of furniture, or on the wall in paper designs, floral patterns are so 2019. And we mean just about anything floral, from subdued tones as a backdrop to bold colour patterns as a focal point.
- Bold Backsplashes – While the black and white kitchen is in the midst of a long run of popularity, it’s time to open up more opportunities for colour and patterns. The backsplash is it.
- Millennial Pink & Emerald Green Are Out for Whole Rooms – Don’t get us wrong, we love millennial pink and emerald green. But they seem to have been part of ‘interior design trends’ since the start of the century. Time to change all that. They’ll make great accent colours in a Metropolitan-coloured room.
- Get Acrylic – From furniture to kitchen countertops, acrylics are on the rise. Clear acrylic furniture is popular for smaller places, like all those downtown Toronto condos. And newer resins make acrylic countertops durable enough to be an option in the kitchen.
Curious to find out more about Metropolitan AF-690? Check out our last blog post Introducing Benjamin Moore’s Colour of the Year for 2019.